The project coordinator, Catherine Oreta, reports: HIV/AIDS prevention project activities at the Centre continued as usual, with individual and group discussion sessions, also reflecting on what the Gospel says about our lives. Activities included video shows.
Home visits were conducted on a weekly basis in homes within John Laing Compound including individual counselling sessions and also sharing a Gospel message.
Mrs Oreta attended:
- a meeting at Mulungushi International Conference Centre organised by Family Health International on Care and Support of Orphans and Vulnerable children. Presentations were based on Paediatric and Psychosocial Support for children living with HIV/AIDS and their Caretakers.
- the launch of the Report of the UN Secretary Generals Task Force on Women, Girls and HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa by the Vice President Nevers Mumba at the Young Women Christian Association Hall.
- a four day workshop organised by NGO Coordinating Council Zambia (NGOCC) on Gender Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation. Facilitation of the workshop was done by Honorine Muyoyeta and the participants were drawn from the various member NGOs of the NGOCC.
- a two day NGOCC National Consultative Meeting.
- a one day workshop organised by NGOCC Grant Management Unit on Basket Fund Financial and Non-Financial Standard Reporting.